Pasta with Simple Tomato Sauce
Here’s a quick, easy and delicious pasta dish that we think you should all try! It’s vegan and dairy free and can be made gluten free by switching out the pasta for a gluten free alternative. For those foodies with a taste for spicy food, a drizzle of Habanero Chilli oil will take it up just the right number of notches.
Serves 2 - 4 (depending on whether you’re having it on its own or as part of a meal)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Eh-Co Habanero Chilli Oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 400g penne rigate pasta
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and fry. Add garlic. Allow to cook for a minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and tomato puree. Allow to simmer for 6 - 7 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, chilli oil and sugar. Season to taste using the salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain the water from the pasta and return it to the pan.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and toss to combine
- Serve immediately, drizzling extra chilli oil if required.
This is a dish where you can add extra ingredients you have such as olives, sweetcorn, peppers and a protein such as Quorn chunks if you’re vegetarian / vegan or chicken. There’s so many ways you can experiment and adapt this simple, yet delicious meal!
If you make this recipe, please tag us on social media so we can see!